Wednesday, January 26, 2005

On-line purchase of AntiVirus software

A problem has arisen when I upgraded my antivirus software. The product in question comes from one of the top 3 or 4 suppliers in this field, a company I have always had trust in. In the past, I have always purchased my antivirus software off the shelf, generally a product from this company. Just prior to xmas, I decided to do an online upgrade, paying, (with permission), via my flatmates credit card. The payment has been taken from the credit card company but my upgrade has not been confirmrd or even acknowledged. I have raised this problem with our local area online sales people and all I get is eithor a 'pay-per-minute' ph num or a collection of url's to get help from. In the meantime, I am having to manually clean my system and put up with these annoying pop-ups stating that my AV liscence has expired....!
I wonder, should I
a] name the company in question
b] attempt to take legal action for web based fraud
c] try to reason with their complaints dept again
d] direct them to read this post prior to a combination of a,b,c
e] some other reasonable action
Sugestions are welcome, preferably not those inviting me to take an unusual phisical action or to improve my spelling. I would like to see some practical, pertinent comments....lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home